(Sept. 9) Please view the UCNet article with updated information.
(Sept. 8, at 2:30 pm) We have learned of a problem with UC Flexible Spending Accounts at WEX Health. This morning several employees received an email that confirming that demographical information was changed as requested. When employees log into their WEX Health account, they find their personal information altered.
UC’s Office of the President is working with WEX Health to identify what happened and resolve it as expeditiously as possible.
Exclusive In-Store Offer for New Costco Membership
Special offer for new members who join and enroll in auto-renewal of their annual membership:
- Executive Members receive a $20 Costco Shop Card.
- Or, new Gold Star or Business Members receive a $10 Costco Shop Card.*
Complete the COSTCO membership application, and present it at the membership desk at the Richmond store.
Only at the Richmond Store, see details on the Costco flyer:
4801 Central Ave. Richmond, CA 94804
QUESTIONS? call us at 510-898-2003
COSTCO membership application
24 hour Fitness - Special membership Rates For Employees
Lift your day in every way with special membership rates at 24 Hours Fitness. From free studio classes to on-demand workouts, to convenient locations near work and home, we make it easy to work in your workouts so you live your best.
Click here for more information.
- Visit: www.24hourfitness.com/corporate
- Enter LBNL ID code: 115941
Tickets At Work Employee Discounts
As Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory continues to look for new and innovative ways to show appreciation towards our employees, we are offering TicketsAtWork a complimentary perk that gives you access to 20 – 70% off on movies, hotels, shows, concerts, sporting events, and more. This is just a small token of our appreciation for your hard work. Please be sure to take advantage of this benefit!
To register use the Company code: BerkeleyLab2014
New FSA administrator Discovery Benefits
UC contracted Discovery Benefits as our new FSA and COBRA Plan Administrator, effective Jan. 1, 2021. Your 2021 FSA election will be managed by Discovery Benefits. However, WageWorks will still manage the grace period and run-out period for UC participants until April 15, 2021.
- If you enroll in an FSA for 2021, you will receive your new debit card from Discovery Benefits by Jan. 1, 2021. (Debit cards have been mailed on Dec. 14, 2020)
- As of Jan. 1, 2021, the FSA debit card issued by WageWorks will no longer be active. (Some employees will receive a Wagework debit card, please disregard)
- You can continue to access your WageWorks online account through April 15, 2021. Submit your eligible 2020 claims online, fax or mail to WageWorks by April 15, 2021.
- The carryover amount (increased to $550) will be transferred from WageWorks to Discovery Benefits. It will be available at beginning of July 2021.
- While registering for the first time on the Discovery Benefits website you may use either your SSN or UCPath ID number (found on your UCPath account).
COVID-19: UC Medical plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, and UC Retirement Savings Plans
- UC Medical Plans Vaccine Information
- Important changes to UC benefits programs for relief during the pandemic
Changes for Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs), and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
The Benefits Group is part of Human Resources with responsibility for health and retirement benefits. To learn more on the requirements needed to be eligible for benefits go to the Benefits Eligibility Rules page.
This unit provides staff with support on the full scope of UC-sponsored health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans by:
- Maintaining an effective benefits communication program
- Providing one-on-one counseling and assistance over the phone, in person, and via e-mail
- Training departmental representatives and supervisory personnel who assist employees in their respective organizational units with benefits-related issues and/or materials
Click on Health and Welfare to find information about the plans, your costs, enrolling and de-enrolling, links to carriers’ websites, and more.