|HR Policy Questions/Commentsemail@example.com|
|Manager, Policy and Assurance||Wade Crosson||486-6444
|Policy Analyst||Neli Lopez||486-6366
UC - DOE Contract
HR Policies and Procedures
Recently Revised Policies
- September 2021: Affiliates policy rewrite to address gaps in the previous version of the policy, provide clarification on compliance, and mitigate institutional risk. Key revisions cover and expand on a variety of provisions such as types of affiliate engagements, affiliate and host eligibility and responsibilities, and affiliate rights and limitations.
- August 2021:
- Pay for Family Care and Bonding (PFCB) – new policy
- Catastrophic Leave Sharing policy revised to align with UC programs: establishment of a leave bank for donations instead of to individuals; included disability waiting period as eligible; added a maximum of 160 hours for recipients; title changed from “Voluntary Vacation Donation” to “Catastrophic Leave Sharing”.
- July 2021:
- Sick Leave policy revised to align with UC policy: expanded eligibility to Limited variable time employees; added advance notice for leave by employees from one week to 30 days; updated medical clearance to return to work to align with 10 CFR 851; employees who are no longer eligible for sick leave will have their balance in credit rather than have the ability to use; added a link to the Factor Leave Accrual tables.
- Vacation Leave policy revised to align with UC policy: expanded eligibility to Limited variable time employees; removed “Short Month’s Work” section and clarified that vacation leave will be pro-rated; clarified maximum vacation balance for part-time employees.
- May 2021: Jury Duty and Witness Duty Leave policy revised to align with UC policy. Policy expanded (notification, returning to work, exempt and non-exempt employees) and clarifies eligibility of leave for part-time employees. Title changed to remove “Court Leave” from title.
- April 2021:
- Family and Medical Leave policy revised with CFRA changes.
- Bereavement Leave policy revised to align with UC policy. Clarified eligibility for leave for sick leave accruing employees.
- February 2021: Employee Performance Evaluations policy revised to align with UC policy. Title changed to Performance Management.
- December 2020: Voting Leave policy revised to align with UC policy.
- November 2020:
- Reasonable Accommodation policy revised to align with UC policy.
- Medical Separation policy revised to align with UC policy, as applicable.
- Employment of Minors and Near Relatives policy revised to align with UC policy by expanding the definition of near relative to include niece, nephew, aunt, uncle, and first cousin.
- Appointments, Term policy revised to reference that term appointments will be referred to as “Contract” in UCPath.