Employees are invited to comment on the revised RPM Family and Medical Leave policy by June 11, 2020. There is no redline version as this is a major revision of the policy to align with University of California policy.
Following is a summary of the significant changes to the Family and Medical Leave policy:
- The revised policy provides more detailed language on the various family and medical leaves, providing more clarity for employees and those administering the program.
- The revised policy will combine the current RPM Family and Medical Leave policy and the Pregnancy Disability Leave policy.
- The revised policy will adopt the UC policy provision that an employee wishing to take unpaid family and medical leave and whose vacation accrual balance is at the maximum, will be required to use at least 10 percent of accrued vacation before taking unpaid family and medical leave.
The revised Family and Medical Leave policy may be viewed here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qoyTrKL72KCHp-1Ep120V8SpIJBNkg3Y7ImWB59R0pw/edit?usp=sharing
The current Family and Medical Leave and Pregnancy Disability Leave policies may be viewed here:
- Family and Medical Leave Policy – https://commons.lbl.gov/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=74319220
- Pregnancy Disability Leave Policy – https://commons.lbl.gov/display/rpm2/Pregnancy+Disability+Leave
If you have any questions or if you wish to comment, please use the following link to a Google form by June 11, 2020: https://forms.gle/K6uXzwxqyAApjuQH8