Uphold the UC ethical values, and hold employees accountable for upholding them as well:
- Integrity: We will conduct ourselves with integrity in our dealings with and on behalf of the Laboratory.
- Excellence: We will conscientiously strive for excellence in our work.
- Accountability: we will be accountable as individuals and as members of this community for our ethical conduct and for compliance with applicable laws and Laboratory policies and directives.
- Respect: We will respect the rights and dignity of others.
Understand and apply the UC Standards of Ethical Conduct that identifies ethical, legal and professional behavior expected in all aspects of work at Berkeley Lab, including:
- Fair dealing
- Individual responsibility and accountability
- Respect for others
- Compliance with applicable Berkeley Lab/University policies, procedures and other forms of guidance
- Conflicts of interest or commitment
- Ethical conduct of research
- Records management: Confidentiality/privacy and access
- Internal controls
- Use of Berkeley Lab/University resources
- Financial reporting
- Reporting violations and protection from retaliation
More information on the UC Standards of Ethical Conduct.