Layoffs can be one of the most difficult tasks employees face. Understanding how the process works will prepare you for any layoffs that your layoff unit initiates. Adequate planning and communication will have a significant effect on employees being laid off, the remaining staff, supervisors, and on customers who work with Berkeley Lab employees.
Preference and Recall
- Preference and Recall FAQs (updated 4/21/15)
- Termination of Employment from UC (updated 12/12/16)
- How to File an Unemployment Insurance Claim (DE2320M) (updated 9/25/12)
- Outplacement Services (updated 4/1/21)
- Instructions for Preferential and Recall Job Search
- Employee Assistance Program (updated 11/18/2016)